Rathdrum RFC has a vacancy for Head Coach/Player Coach with prime responsibility for the Senior Men’s XV, whilst also having a pervasive role across the whole club by providing input into a strategic plan for the development and supporting role for all players and coaches.
About Rathdrum RFC
Rathdrum RFC was established over 40 years ago and plays its home games at the Ivy Leaf Grounds in Rathdrum. The grounds have a modern club house including gym and well-appointed playing and training facilities. Rathdrum has also recently been awarded a Capital Sports Grant for the upgrade of the current floodlights to playing standard.
Rathdrum Senior Men play in the Metro League 4. Typically home games are played on Sunday afternoon with the majority of away games on a Friday evening. Training sessions are held twice a week at the Ivy Leaf Complex.
In addition to its Men’s teams, the club will field two adult Women’s sides, plus girls Under-18s plus minis. The club has ambitions to field a male Under-14 side next year; however this is an ongoing development.
Reporting to the Director of Rugby, the ideal candidate will:
- Be minimum IRB Level 2 qualified, with Level 3 desired
- Have strong technical coaching skills with full knowledge of the IRFU LTPD & technical models and the ability to work one-on-one with players to improve core or position-specific skills
- Have experience and a proven track record of achievement in developing players, including late beginners and players from other codes, to reach their potential
- Have credible rugby knowledge, understanding and expertise gained from playing, coaching or through player management, as well as having an ability to coach and understand the game to a high level – strategically, tactically and technically
- Be able to interface effectively with people at all levels and have the competence to manage & motivate, develop relationships and, if required, manage conflict
- Be able to plan, communicate, research and constantly evaluate current practice in order to achieve development throughout the club.
- Have experience in player monitoring and assessments and ability to track and develop players with clear smart goals that are agreed (including developing and challenging with identified strategies to ensure continued improvements)
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to influence and recruit players.
As a coach of the club, we can offer you:
- Good training and playing facilities to work with modern training equipment (both rugby and rugby-conditioning specific)
- Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic players who are keen on developing themselves, their teams and their club
- A strong club culture, with excellent off-field structures to ensure your coaching success
- A vibrant and regular social programme, including in-season events and end of season tour
- The opportunity to take the men’s team to the next level which we know it can achieve.
We are interested in ambitious coaches, who will achieve with us and who we can work with to further develop their coaching career. Experience is important – but attitude, energy and commitment are as important to us.
Please send applications to Hon. Secretary Andrea Bland at email@example.com. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.